Re: xhtml2 question: http-equiv

* Max Froumentin wrote:
>Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I was wondering how would one do
>refresh/redirect and all sorts of htt-equiv in XTHML2?
>
>Something like this?

You can redirect using the XForms load element; it is more difficult to
perform a refresh but it should be possible using the XPath extension
functions like now() in XForms and maybe scripting. XForms does not re-
quire to invalidate the chached resource for <load> though so maybe this
does not do what you want. Scripting alone by the way would probably not
cut it, you would need timing facilities which neither ECMAScript nor
the W3C DOM offer.

You could of course find some existing ontology or invent a new one
that covers this and persuade implementers to implement that ontology,
but it's more likely that user agent vendors that want to offer such
functionality invent their own extensions, so you might end up with
something like

or that they do not offer such functionality at all. For Cache-Control,
etc. this is probably the only way to get the desired functionality.

If that's not satisfactory to you, you could try to raise an issue on
the www-html-editor mailing list, but note that I've expressed my
concerns about this approach long ago and got told it's out of scope
of the RDF as^W in XHTML Task Force and the the response from the HTML
Working Group was quite similar to the response cited in

  http://www.w3.org/mid/42c0db53.352459687@smtp.bjoern.hoehrmann.de

so I am not sure whether raising an issue makes any sense.