Re: Suggestion: 'rel="unrelated"'

Le 22 janv. 2005, à 16:52, Dan Brickley a écrit :
> I've been following the threads in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2005Jan/
> about the
> http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html
> proposal, and the draft definition at
> http://developers.technorati.com/wiki/RelNoFollow

And I have just finished to read the whole thread…

so far, I have one problem with rel="nofollow", they encourage all
publishing tools to put automatically "nofollow" to all links coming
from external contributions and that is just plain wrong without giving
the possibility to the user to change the nature of the rel. The
problem is often the same, imposing a choice to the user without giving
the possibility to deactivate it.

So I'm interested to know if publishing tools implement rel="nofollow",
what do they implement if on my weblog (by an editorial choice), I want
to say: "This link is worthwhile and should be followed."

As a second thing, I can't wait the abuse made by spammers of this new
attribute. After the "meta name" indexing which has been abused, and
then not indexed by some search engines, I'm pretty sure there will be
surprises with the rel="nofollow".

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***