Re: 'style' attribute

Wingnut wrote:

> overwriting any style attribute already found there.  Lastly, the cms
> wraps the nodestring (with 132-prop style attribute) into a document so
> the webserver can deliver it to the requester.  This all sounds
> complicated because I'm not overly bright... but in short, we WILL have
> a need to transclude styles WITH nodes under certain circumstances.
> Let's stay prepared for that future tech... by adding "also used as a
> style-carrying suitcase when the node goes traveling" to the "uses for
> the style attribute".  If the style attribute leaves the scene, I
> gaurantee I will be back to talk about this subject yet again.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the need to add the 'meta' attribute to
nodes (elements) alongside the newly-revitalized style attribute.  This
is to also be filled by the content management system... and it contains
the metadata for this node/element... an ID card for traveling.  :)
Author, about, whens, assorted dublincore-like goods.  These are all
precursors to the way-too-fun phenomenon of node serving and node
servers.  Let's see, xhtml's 'core' attributes for EM are... class, id,
and title.  hmmm.  There's almost no "trunk space" on THAT element... if
such an element goes out traveling... to store style and author info!
Ted Nelson is rolling-over in his node-harvestable website as we speak!

Wing