Re: Target attrib in HTML 4.01 Strict

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>* Tantek Çelik wrote:
>

>>However, you can always file an erratum against HTML4.01 if you think that
>>the omission of 'target' from Strict was an error.
>>

>More precicely, you may always propose any kind of changes to a
>recommendation. Whether it will become normative depends on the
>working group, the public review of the change and the director.
>

>>Justin's original statement was precisely correct.  There is *currently* no
>>CSS property, nor any *public* proposed CSS3 property to achieve target-like
>>affects.
>>

>No, there is http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-css3-box-20010726/#L4112

Well that is half correct, there *was* a public CSS3 property, in the
box model, to do that, there is a NEWER edition of the Box Model draft
which omits it, the newest UI model does not contain it, where-as there
is no hyperlink (or such) model in the list as of right now either.

The question remains, did the UI module inherit this property, or has it
been omitted from the context of CSS3 alltogether, (along with it's
@link counterpart, useful in XML)

In the meantime, provided the CSS validator does not invalidate my pages
with the link-behavior property I will be including it, to acheive this
effect, otherwise I will omit until such time as there is a current
public CSS3 property to support, My addendum request (for errata?) on
HTML 4.01 stands.

~Justin Wood