Re: <NOBR> - Returning to the question....

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 11:08:08AM +0300, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> By the way, what about non-isolated incidents, like text containing
> lots of strings with all kinds of characters that permit line break
> before or after by the Unicode rules, like a-15%6/h\z?a (e.g.,
> examples of passwords), but should not be broken into two lines?
> Should the author study, for each character, the Unicode rules, and
> maybe browsers' (mis)behavior too, to decide which characters need
> some linebreak prevention character before or after, or should be just
> put them between any two characters?

There is nothing wrong in putting a NBZW between *each* pair of
characters in such a case. Actually, I'm strongly for doing so, if you
want to solve this at the character level.

But again, you can use markup for such situations very well -- that's
what <code> is for. (Or at least, it should be...)

-antrik-