Re: (too) special markup (was: Re: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful)

Jonas Jørgensen wrote:

> Bertilo Wennergren wrote:
> > It seems to me that "kbd", "var" et.al should be confined to a module
> > for marking up computer code, or even moved to a special XCODE markup
> > language, since they're not even close to being rich enough for any
> > practical use when marking up computer code.
>
> Indeed, they are not practical when marking up computer code. They are,
> however, extremely useful when writing documents _about_ computer code.
> So leave them in XHTML. Please.

But : what is so special about computer code that tags specific to
writing about /it/ deserve a place in the core tag site, whilst
tags specific to writing about (say) linguistics do not ?  Surely
there is nothing special about computer code /within the aegis of
XHTML/ that deserves it being given special attention.

Philip Taylor, RHBNC