Re: W3C MarkUp Area

I created a post regarding this previously.

I had the same problem.  What I did was add the application/xhtml+xml
MIME type to my registry.  I copied the HTML MIME type entry and told IE
to treat it as HTML.  That allowed me to view the page.  When I tried to
use it as XML, the formatting did not appear properly.

Here is the entry I used.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/xhtml+xml]
"CLSID"="{25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13}"
"Extension"=".xhtm"
"Encoding"=hex:08,00,00,00

the key where all the MIME Types are stored is in the
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type" Key.

Change this and all the MIME Types for HTML browsers will be changed.
 I received an email from Patrick Benny that led me to the following
URL.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2002Dec/0033.html

Also the information I am talking about is available from Microsoft's
Site @
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/networking/moniker/overview/appendix_a.asp

I hope this helps.

>>> "Gannon J. Dick" <gdick@verizon.net> 01/04/03 12:43PM >>>

Don't think that's the only problem ...

You can't display it as the XML DOM tree until you take out the
processing
instruction in the second line.  Then it displays OK and
validates with MSXML4.DLL against the DTD as specified.

Does anyone know if XML processing instructions for stylesheets are a
legal
addition to XHTML?

Oddly, there is a link node which specfies the style too.  I know there
is
redundancy in the character encoding, but the way this page is
written, there is style sheet redundancy too.

--Gannon J. Dick