Re: usemap in XHTML 1.1 no longer a URI?!

Jon Haworth wrote:
> > > Pop-up ads which mimic the look of operating system's error messages.
> > if the browser lets a web app mimic the os, it's a bug.
> Wait, that's silly. Browsers are supposed to parse HTML and images and
> assess whether the end result looks like an OS message?

perhaps i should have been more clear in my definition of mimic or whatever.

The user should be able to easily determine whether content belongs to a webpage or the os.

This does not preclude a browser from allowing the user to choose to allow something to imitate the os.  However, no web content should be allowed to require the user to 'opt' into this feature, it must be entirely the user's decision.