Re: XHTML 2.0 - <line> or <l>?

I am not at all sure which document you are referring to
here: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/ for instance I found:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html#s_textmodule_issue_1

"l element content model" compare this with:

8.3. The blockquote element

This element designates a block of quoted text.

it is clear that there is an unrealistic expectation of understanding
placed on the reader.
The 8.0 section, if that is what it is, is not well laid out or clear
at all, and especially in comparison with say 8.1

Furthermore, it is very noticeable that xHTML is rapidly moving away
from the clarity which made HTML popular.
undoubtedly it is more powerful, but at what cost, are corporates to be
the only bodies authoring code?

so you will have gathered that where blockquote is better that bq so
line is better than l, imho.

After 4 years of badgering at WAI, W3C remains remarkably unable to
show what it attempts to explain.
by the way can someone post an example of its usage, I've not come
across it before.

thanks and a vary merry xmas to you all

Jonathan