Re: In support of the "line space" (nee <hr>)

Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi@libero.it> wrote:

> how can now a person that has always used <hr> with xhtml + css obtain the
> same result using <section>?
> If I structure the doc in this way
>
> <section>
>     <section>
>         <section>
>         <!-- here I want to insert a line break <hr> -->
>         </section>
>         <section>
>         <!-- here I want to insert a line break <hr> -->
>         </section>
>     </section>
> </section>
>
> How can I add a line only at the end of the 3rd indented sections?

How about the CSS

  section section section{
    border-bottom: thin black solid;
    padding-bottom: 1em;
    margin-bottom: 1em;
  }

or

  section section section{
    border-bottom: thin black solid;
    padding-bottom: 1em;
  }

  section section section + section {
    padding-top: 1em;
  }

This is just a quick suggestion. Maybe you can think of something better for
your needs. The "hr" will have the full width of the section though.

> Can I have different properties of the line break (as black color for the
> first and blue color for the second)?

Then you must add for example a class attribute to the sections with different
values.

> Is the translation between the old method and the new one easy?
> Is the new method a lot more complicate?

Judge for yourself. There may be other methods as well.
--
Christian Ottosson
(looking for job)