Re: In support of the "line space" (nee <hr>)

on 21-08-2002 15:31, SCJessey@aol.com at SCJessey@aol.com wrote:

> I think that the <hr /> element should be excluded from the standard.
> I believe the new <section> tag is perfectly adequate for the task.  In a
> rather spooky coincidence, I just started reading Orson Scott Card's 'Shadow
> Puppets'.

I think the same, except for a question:
how can now a person that has always used <hr> with xhtml + css obtain the
same result using <section>?
If I structure the doc in this way

<section>
    <section>
        <section>
        <!-- here I want to insert a line break <hr> -->
        </section>
        <section>
        <!-- here I want to insert a line break <hr> -->
        </section>
    </section>
</section>

How can I add a line only at the end of the 3rd indented sections?
Can I have different properties of the line break (as black color for the
first and blue color for the second)?
Is the translation between the old method and the new one easy?
Is the new method a lot more complicate?

Thank you for the answers :)