Re: XML declaration in XHTML causes problems

"Bertilo Wennergren" <bertilow@chello.se> wrote:

> I use a script that serves my HTML pages in several differently encoded
> versions. I included a few lines that take out the problematic xml
> declaration for Opera < 4, Mozilla < 4 and Macintosh MSIE 4,
> since I had noted (or received reports about) problems in those
> browsers. Perhaps I should add WebTV to the list.

Also add Sun's HotJava 3.0 browser (displays the declaration, then doesn't
handle the <title></title> tag properly), though I doubt anyone really uses
it. It just happens to be one I had laying around for testing purposes...

So:

WebTV
Opera < 4
Mozilla < 4
MSIE Mac < 5
HotJava (could be caught by Mozilla < 4, depending on how you are detecting
the browser)

That it?

Regards,

--