Re: anchors in XHTML

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Bernhard Döbler is Programmer@Bardware wrote:

> I'm just studying the XHTML strict DTD and have to notice the
>target-attribute of the anchor-tag <a></a> does not exist any
>longer. How to I get to open links in new windows now? Do I urgently

This is HTML 4.01  Strict DTD
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/sgml/dtd.html

And there's no target attribute as in XHTML. No differences

<!--================== The Anchor Element ================================-->

<!ENTITY % Shape "(rect|circle|poly|default)">
<!ENTITY % Coords "CDATA" -- comma-separated list of lengths -->

<!ELEMENT A - - (%inline;)* -(A)       -- anchor -->
<!ATTLIST A
   %attrs;                              -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --
   charset     %Charset;      #IMPLIED  -- char encoding of linked resource --
   type        %ContentType;  #IMPLIED  -- advisory content type --
   name        CDATA          #IMPLIED  -- named link end --
   href        %URI;          #IMPLIED  -- URI for linked resource --
   hreflang    %LanguageCode; #IMPLIED  -- language code --
   rel         %LinkTypes;    #IMPLIED  -- forward link types --
   rev         %LinkTypes;    #IMPLIED  -- reverse link types --
   accesskey   %Character;    #IMPLIED  -- accessibility key character --
   shape       %Shape;        rect      -- for use with client-side image maps --
   coords      %Coords;       #IMPLIED  -- for use with client-side image maps --
   tabindex    NUMBER         #IMPLIED  -- position in tabbing order --
   onfocus     %Script;       #IMPLIED  -- the element got the focus --
   onblur      %Script;       #IMPLIED  -- the element lost the focus --

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
          http://www.w3.org/

     --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---