RE: Embed attribute for LINK element

> From:	Matthew Brealey [SMTP:thelawnet@yahoo.com]
>
> The reason I do not state that uas should just automatically convert
> linked to embedded when viewing offline (which is good idea and would
> certainly be a start) is to allow maximum flexiblity for both author and
> viewer.

	If you are going to add this function, I think it
	should be done as HTTP level meta data against the
	linked object, not on the link.  On the assumption
	that authors are prepared to add your embed attribute,
	they are presumably able to add a max-age value to
	the meta data, which could be used as a hint.

	You should not change a style sheet incompatibly, but
	rather create a new one, so style sheet changes shouldn't
	be an issue.  Tbe only real issue I can see, which might need
	new HTTP attributes, is that you know that you will
	completely delete the stylesheet (and document, presumably)
	before the end of the useful life of the document.