RE: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

Murray Altheim wrote:
> Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:
> >   CSS1: ua -> user -> author -> user!important -> author!important
> >   css2: ua -> user -> author -> author!important -> user!important
>
> Just for the record of what I read in the CSS1 and CSS2 specs, you
> might want to quote where you find this. I was quoting verbatim from
> CSS1 and CSS2 (I didn't make it up!), so your statement contradicts
> the specs.

No, he's right:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules

] Both author and user style sheets may contain "!important"
] declarations, and user "!important" rules override author "!important"
] rules. This CSS feature improves accessibility of documents [...]
]
] Note. This is a semantic change since CSS1.

--
Jason Orendorff