RE: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

Murray Altheim wrote:

> You're not reading what I wrote, nor what is clearly in the specs: we have
> not removed the ability to include style information in the instance, since
> the <style> element is still available in XHTML. We have not even threatened
> its family or anything, no horse heads next to the pillow.

(You're right as to embedded -- I had been reading the XHTML Basic draft, which
only permits CSS to be used if it is LINKed and got confused.  My apologies.
OK, so embedded CSS is still in the Style module.)

Back to inline styling.  Let's say, while using your CSS-aware authoring tool,
you select a word and press the "change text color ... to red" button.  With the
style attribute, it would do something like

*Without* that attribute, what does it have to do?  It has to generate a CLASS
(or ID) of "colorred" in the stylesheet, and change the above to:

Is the second version really so much more advanced than the first, that the
first gets banished to the Halls of Infamy to rot with the chained corpses of
FONT and CENTER?  When said Halls don't even include the B and I elements?

/Jelks