Re: RSAC stupidity

At 07:50a -0800 02/01/00, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>Too bad RSAC.org is IMPOSSIBLE to use. It's one of the worst sites
>out there. Even the "Contact Us" link requires JavaScript. Clueless
>idiots there.
>
>Hmm... after going through about 10 billion levels of frames (gack),
>I finally reached <http://www.rsac.org/content/register/>. Why did
>they bury it so far away? They should link directly to it from the
>home page. Idiots.
>
>Oh geez, even that part requires JavaScript. I hate RSAC.
>I give up. If any people block my site, it'll be their loss, and RSAC's fault.

I was too curious to give up. <g>

To register an entire site or a branch of a site:
   <http://www.rsac.org/content/register/general.asp?branch=true>

To register only a single page:
   <http://www.rsac.org/content/register/general.asp?branch=false>

You can actually use those pages in Lynx! :-)

There are 4 sets of questions (nudity/sex/violence/language), at the
end of which are the terms of use, followed by the META code (oddly
it uses "http-equiv" rather than "name" -- I dunno what's up with
that).

Hey, RSAC... was that so hard? Sheesh.

-Walter
  who wonders why some people make things so much harder than necessary