Re: viewable vs downloadble attachment links

Ravindra Sharma <rsharma@marketfirst.com> writes:
>BUT, Is there any way I can allow user to download without putting on
>FTP. I mean using the href=http://... link.

If the user right-clicks the lint, they have an option to "Save Target".
this will download the file instead of loading it into Word. The behaviour
is automatic (at least in Internet Explorer, which I assume you the user has
if viewing Word documents).

Of course, the user has to be aware that this is possible. You might put
instructions on the page to this effect.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david@heroes.force9.co.uk