Re: crashes always: HTML 4.0 (more)

>From: nir dagan <dagan@upf.es>
>To: jkorpela@cc.hut.fi
>Date: Tue, 12 May 98 17:44:30 METDST
>Cc: www-html@w3.org
>Subject: Re: crashes always: HTML 4.0 (more)
>
>I actually think that it is very sensible at times
>to use A without any attribute.
>
>One writes a stylesheet
>
>a.toc {font-family: sans-serif}
>
>but a title of a linked resource
>is long, so one makes only a part of it an active link.
>In this case I would even like to nest the Anchor's:
>
><A>This is a long title with only <A href="foo.html">three linked
>words</A></A>.
>
>Since nesting is invalid I'll write:
>
><A>This is a long title with only</A> <A href="foo.html">three
>linked words</A>

Why would you want only three words to be active links? IMHO, it would
make more sense to the reader if the whole title was a link (especially
if <A> and <A HREF="..."> aren't rendered differently)

------------ "I am not a number! I am a free man!" ---------------
                                        - The Prisoner*

*or a USC student       <gwalla@planetall.com>