Re: Simple! Just say True or False.

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Sathish Kumar Rangarajan wrote:

> CSS and its positionong capabilities is the preferred way
> to set up FRAMES
>
> That statement in the below mail makes me ask this.
> Which versions of the popular browsers support Style Sheets?
>
> Just say YES or NO to the below.

   Unfortunately, it isn't quite that easy.  However:

> Netscape 4.0 (Communicator)     : YES
>
> Netscape 3.02                   : NO
>
> Netscape 3.01                   : NO
>

> Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 : YES
>
> Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 : YES

   The reason I said it isn't quite that easy is that the browsers which I
marked "YES" only support some of CSS, and none of them yet support enough of
positioning to truly replace frames.  For further information on the state of
support for CSS1 (positioning is part of CSS2), see the charts at
http://style.webreview.com/

                              -- EMeyer

--
Eric A. Meyer  #  eam3@po.cwru.edu  #  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html