Re: Patent pending: Network-based classified information systems.

At 2:12p +1100 02/18/98, Dudley Mills wrote:
>Improving Web Searchability.
>
>Typically, when people want to find a nearby provider of a product or
>service, they pick up the local yellow pages telephone directory book.
>If they want to find a person or business, they use the white pages
>telephone directory book. In a library they use a subject calatogue or
>browse books on shelves in a subject area.
>
>The web offers a lot to savvy searchers but fails on these more prosaic
>With your help I aim to change that. Please have a look at:
>   "http://www.ozemail.com.au/~dudmills/CCGpatent.html"

I'm surprised nobody's yet suggested that you check this out:

   <http://www.w3.org/Metadata/>

I would imagine you could set up an RDF namespace for CCG.

You have a reference to MCF; the author of that, Ramanathan V. Guha,
moved from Apple to Netscape, and as XML was developed, he updated MCF
to use XML syntax instead, and now it's called RDF. There is now a W3C
group working on RDF, and you can find the links from the above URL.

I believe RDF is the best container for the types of information you
want to see catalogged. As for me, I'm just waiting for some programmer
to write a nice RDF editor...

-Walter
  Walter Ian Kaye <boo@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>        Menlo Park, CA
  Perl on Unix, AppleScript on MacOS, at the nation's first WWW server.
  More good stuff at my <http://www.natural-innovations.com/> site.