Re: Some complaints about HTML 4.0 (fwd)

At 7:26 PM -0500 07-25-1997, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Jordan Reiter shaped the electrons to say...
>><BR> does.  A <BR> tag is essentially *always* empty and as such can be
>>repeated.  The HTML documentation is arguing against the use of elements
>
>You can always replace multiple <BR> elements with PRE
But why do that?  Currently, the BIG TWO allow the use of multiple <BR>
tags.  Why not toss philosophical discussion aside and let <BR> stand as a
line adder?

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]