Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

At 4:11 PM -0000 7/9/97, Paul Prescod wrote:
>Anyhow, it isn't clear yet that we need an HTML 5.0. If everything that
>HTML does becomes available from XML then people can just use HTML
>4.0-like DTDs until they reach their limits at which point they can
>extend them in whatever way they feel appropriate. The "browser feature
>wars" can shift from the markup to stylesheets and "scripting
>specifications".
>Netscape bought into XML when they "realized" that it wasn't a
>competitor to HTML, but they didn't make clear what would be the problem
>if it made HTML-as-we-know-it (i.e. non-eXtensible HTML) obsolete.
I've been hearing a lot about XML, but I don't know a lot about it.  Can
anyone point me to some good resources?

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]