Re: THEAD & TFOOT for columns

I wrote:
    > You're barking up the wrong tree. HTML wan't designed to do any kind
    > of layout. That's a matter for browser and stylesheets. Nothing in
    > HTML prohibits or encourages either portrait or landscape designs.
Walter replied:
   Then why is there <HR> instead of just <RULE>? ;-)

Think again. A horizontal rule is a horizontal rule, whether or not
the screen is wider than high or higher than wide:

     +-------------------+
     |                   |
     |                   |
     |                   |
     |                   |
     |                   |     +--------------------------+
     |                   |     |                          |
     | ----------------- |     |                          |

You are confusing orientation with direction. There is no VR because
hardly anyone seems to want one (I can recall only one enquiry for
it), and because no browser maker seems interested in tackling the
problem.

///Peter