Re: THEAD & TFOOT for columns

At 12:04p -0600 08/14/97, Neil St.Laurent wrote:

 > Nothing in the language was meant for horizontal scrolling,
 > you can look all over the place in the language to find errors
 > if horizontal scrolling is required.
 >
 > HTML as far as I can tell was designed for Portrait layout and
 > pretty much lacks any capacity to do landscape layout.

Having to scroll in two directions is extra work for the user;
limiting scrolling to only one direction cuts the work in half.
And vertical scrolling is much more "natural" than horizontal
scrolling. I think this is based on gravity; if you go back in
time to when scribes published on actual *scrolls*, the scroll
orientation was usually vertical -- you could drop the lower
scroll to the ground and then read whilst operating only the
upper scroll. Try that with horizontal papyrus and your neck
will hurt. ;)