Fw: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

----------
> From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no>
> To: Hiram Lester, Jr. <hwlester@pobox.com>
> Cc: www-html@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>
> Date: Monday, August 04, 1997 2:52 PM
>
> On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:
>
> >Much of this was part of the late lamented HTML 3.0 which just never
> >caught on because the vendors didn't support it.  This would be nice to
> >add back in...
>
> Yeah, I thought it would be nice to get it there. But since stylesheets
> are supposed to do all that, maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.
>
> Kjetil Kjernsmo
> astronomy-student (B.Sc.)                         University of Oslo,
Norway
WWW-homepage:http://www.astro.uio.no/~kjetikj/
> President, Norwegian Association of Physics Students
Webmaster@skepsis.no

Ok, I thought that style sheets were supposed to do all that, too.  But in
my attempt to use style sheet, I have found that they are basically
unsupported.  In general those who do support them, don't support most of
the most important things they can do, making them pretty much useless.  On
top of that, most browsers just simply do not recognize them.  That means
they are, at this point, totally useless.  I feel that UA developers need
to have more pressure placed on them to incorporate this powerful
technology as quickly as possible.

I guess that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to reincorporate things
into html which have been removed because of style sheets.  They can always
be removed in later versions once style sheets are better supported.

Marc A. Duncan
M&A Duncan