Re: <MATH> implementation (was Re: ISO and HTML)

Abigail wrote:
> Then you might as well use an inline gif. That will reach more users.
> (I'd love to see MATH, but I'm not turning Java on for it).  But both
> an inline image and a java applet are 100% presentation, there's not
> structual information.

The latter is not true. Java applets are computer programs. They take
input and transform it into presentation and allow interaction. But the
input to a Java applet can be as structural (or presentational) as you
like. Of course the *output* of the Java applet is not structural, but
neither is the output of a browser! What matters is input: the document
that comes across the Web. The Java applet provides a convenient way of
rendering that input without kidnapping Marc Andreeson or blackmailing
Bill Gates.

 Paul Prescod