Re: The Final Word On HTML

Chad Zimmerman penned:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Paul Prescod wrote:

> > "Well you should upgrade to the latest and the greatest so that as a lazy
> > author/programmer, I will not have to conform to standards that were
> > designed to ensure that you would NOT have to continually upgrade."

> Ok, send me the money I need so that I can buy the latest and greatest.
> And I design / develop my pages so that you can view them easily with a
> 28.8 modem.   So, what standards do I have to write to so that only a 386
> can view my pages??
>
> And, because I use a 386 I am now a lazy programer / author??  Where do
> you come up with these assumptions??  I have 6 large projects going while
> I am working and going to college, I only wish I was lazy.
>
> Before you make another "foot in mouth" reply, check into the facts first.

The problem here is that Paul failed to enclose his comments in the
<SARCASM> tag.  Again, we see the importance of correct structural
markup to avoid errors in interpretation by different user agents.

In the words of someone else in this thread, can we take this discussion
off of www-html?

--Liza

--
gecko@retina.net