Re: configuring scrollbar location?

| From: Max Turner <M.Turner@massey.ac.nz>
| To: www-html@w3.org
| Subject: configuring scrollbar location?
| Date: Wednesday, September 25, 1996 6:03 PM
|
| It is possible to configure for no borders on frames, but if your
frame
| requires scrollbars some of the effect of not having borders is lost.
| Therefore is it possible to configure for placement of the scrollbars
on one
| or other side of the frame? Can't find such info in any description
of tags.

I don't think so ... its something you just have to take for granted...
 I think the biggest problem (and win programmers can correct me) is
that MS and NS both use a common control while in windows to perform
the scrollbars function .. and I don't think it has support for
alternative styles...  it seems to me that in most cases on other OS's,
scroll bars are also always at the bottom or right, usually because
that was the least irritating place to put them...