Re: MSN horrors (was Re: Spyglass HTML Validator 1.0 Availability)

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> At 11:58a -0500 10/17/96, Murray Altheim wrote:
> >As a fellow ranter, I concur. I just believe that five years from now we'll
> >see a pretty substantial difference between Babes on the Web and the online
> >productions of CNN, MSNBC, an online market, the US Library of Congress,
> >and the corner library.
>
> Ya just hadta mention MSN...
>
> Any Star Trek fans out there? Did you know that the pinheads at Paramount
> have moved the official web site (called "Star Trek: Continuum") to MSN,
> and that it is *only* accessible to Windows95 users? So much for all the
> Star Trek values like unity in diversity... :/
>
> I've set up a web page:
>
>    <http://www.natural-innovations.com/boo/protect-startrek.html>

What is the URL to the page at MSN?

> Pass the word along! I gave the info to Majel Roddenberry a couple of
> months ago, but that doesn't seem to have been enough. I, for one,
> have ceased watching any new Voyager or DS9 shows in protest -- I get
> sick to my stomach now anytime I think of Paramount.  :-<
>
> BTW, I spoke with both Paramount and engineers at MSN to verify the
> situation, and ST:C is indeed off-limits to non-Win95 users.

>     Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>     Programmer - Excel, AppleScript,
>           Mountain View, CA                         ProTERM, FoxPro, HTML
>  http://www.natural-innovations.com/     Musician - Guitarist, Songwriter

43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped
Chad D. Zimmerman	    NMSU-Computing & Networking-Visualization Center
Box 30001, Dept 3AT	            Http://www.nmsu.edu/~czimmerm/
Las Cruces, NM 88003	        vr-3d@juno.com / zimmerman@hotmail.com
(505)646-5487                     czimmerm@nmsu.edu / chadz@nmsu.edu