Re: Using your own DTD (was Re: %flow and headers and address)

Murray Altheim wrote:

> OTOH, an "fully-SGML-functional" Web would allow all manner of DTDs, so use
> of a non-standard HTML DTD is fine by me. It's just hard to get anyone
> outside of one's organization to use a common DTD if there's no weight
> behind it (witness the already-successful W3C "HTML 3.2", even though it's
> not yet finalized). And we're *still* a little premature in expecting
> browsers to actually pay attention to DOCTYPE.

The rumor has it that Solaris 2.6 will be shiped with man pages in SGML.
That would require the complete SGML environment, much like troff & co.
package. And the suitable viewing tool. A little more code and that
tool becomes browser.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

dave@fly.cc.fer.hr