Re: DIV/CLASS

At 4:34p 05/14/96, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:

>engines and conversion tools and internal documentation all
>need the simple, basic, compatible, frozen, everybody-agrees
>feature of <DIV CLASS="">.  I have heard not one single
>objection to it.  Everybody knows what it does, it won't
>conflict with anything in the works, and I need it today.
>So what if the big two don't happen to use it?  Just do it.
>Hell, even the big two plan to support it.  So what possible
>reason is there for excluding it?  None.  Just do it!

I think what would be helpful, rather than just a "statement
of direction", would be a listing of "safe to deploy" tags,
or perhaps a listing of elements and attributes with comments
alongside each to indicate likelihood of deployment.

Something like:

ELEMENT  ATTRIBUTE   HTML  LIKELIHOOD   NOTES

DIV                  3.2
         ALIGN       3.2
         CLASS             80%          1, 2

I'd write it myself, but I don't have the information! ;)

-Walter