FIG and OBJECT

Quote from MegaZone
----------------------------------
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 19:15:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Public input to specs [was: HTML 3.2 -Reply ] (fwd)
content-length: 1017

I did see your example of what FIG could do that OBJECT couldn't - but
doesn't it make more sense to simply expand object to encompass everything
FIG does sice it already does some of it?  And then we don't have to have
two tags that overlap and duplicate efforts, instead we can have one tag
that is extensible and flexible.

-MZ

I think the OVERLAY,CREDIT and CAPTION tags from FIG would have been pretty
useful myself.  I suppose they could easily be added to OBJECT as well.
CAPTION & CREDIT won't degrade easily, but they didn't when they were used
with FIG either.

Was the reasoning for dropping FIG just because it'd be easier to give
OBJECT the ability to "float" on it's own?

Email |  mailto:cpj1@winternet.com
Web   |  http://www.winternet.com/~cpj1/