RE: ***MATH*** (fwd)

That's exactly my point, math has been around since 3.0 and, like most
of it, not implimented. I'm not looking for some sort of a hack, but
thinking of something along the lines of tables that *may* be ammended
with RFC 1942. It functions now, but we can make it better. There's no
reason to break or depreciate the initial elements. I doubt the display
cannot come before complete functionality.

>Personally I would have been upset to see Math before, say, OBJECT or
>CSS -
>but that is because I have little to no use for MATH and a lot of
>desire for
>the others.  I'm just lucky in that my desires coincide with the
>majority of
>the market currently.  You win some and lose some.

As would I, but since AFAIK I'm the only person at UC that even knows
about the W3, and web is my job, I have to voice the concerns of the
various departments (physics, engineering, etc) that are dying for this.
Profitable, maybe not, but needed none the less.

>I hope the people who want math so badly have contacted the WG and
>offered
>their help, and have written *polite* letters to the browser makers to
>nudge them along.

I've done the latter, and will the former as soon as my calender clears
a little.
	                                                                   ,,,
------D a v e  S o l k o--------513.556.5264-------ooo0-(. .)-0ooo-----
 http://www.cat.uc.edu/dave/ 	  dave.solko@uc.edu	(_)  | Designer