Re: .EXE files

At 3:25a 01/17/96, SYKES D RESEARCH SST 951107 wrote:
>I am trying to get .exe files, ie, those created by Visual basic to
>run from an HTML document, have you any ideas how I can manage this?
>
>Your gratefully
>
>Dave Sykes

If you are using Netscape, you might try defining your own protocol scheme
and write a helper app to parse your special URL and run the named
executable, but both the special helper app and the executable would need
to reside on the user's local disk beforehand. Check out the notes on
Netscape's web site for links to related information; they should be on the
"remote control" (API) pages.

-Walter