Re: .EXE files

At 11:25 17/1/96 GMT, you wrote:
>I am trying to get .exe files, ie, those created by Visual basic to
>run from an HTML document, have you any ideas how I can manage this?

The short answer is that you'll need to run such programs on a host computer
which is also running a Web server, and use a Common Gateway Interface
(CGI). You'll likely need or want to use an interface module within your
application, which handles common tasks and helps to bomb-proof your program.

The long answer will depend on which Web server you are using, as well as
how you have it configured (or your system administrator does). Available
Web servers include one from Quarterdeck http://www.qdeck.com/ for Windoes
3.x and from O'Reilly http://www.ora.com/ for Windows 95 and Windows NT.

Since your question is a how-to-do-it, while this list focuses on the
future, I'd suggest the newsgroup comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi or