Re: Problems/Question with Cougar

In article <199608231858.NAA20978@schenectady.ecn.purdue.edu>,
Jonathan L Neuenschwander <jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
> > I would guess the other way around - that the general assumption is that
> > STYLE information overrides markup information.  That way the user's
> > stylesheet has ultimate authority.
>
> I tend to agree.  When I include markup style, it's for the benefit of those
> browsers that do not support stylesheets.  If the browser is capable of
> using a stylesheet, the stylesheet should take precedence.

That's only a valid argument as long as we're in this transition
stage. Once we have full style sheet support in major browsers, do
you still think the style sheet should take precedence over BGCOLOR?

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.