Re: Problems/Question with Cougar

In article <199608231527.KAA11646@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com>,
"Scott E. Preece" <preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com> wrote:
>  From: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
> | I'm starting to repeat myself on this list. :-) "Current practice"
> | And I'm not sure how it would work, but I would say that BGCOLOR
> | attribute on a TD overrides the style sheet definition. It defines
> | the color for this specific cell, so it would be identical to
> | <TD STYLE="background = blue">.
>
> I would guess the other way around - that the general assumption is that
> STYLE information overrides markup information.  That way the user's
> stylesheet has ultimate authority.

Well, I was trying to explain that the markup in question (BGCOLOR)
could be seen as a "shorthand" for inline style markup. It seems to
me that CSS1 says that an inline style on an element overrides the
style defined in the style sheet.

Of course the user can override anything, but that wasn't the issue.
If I have

TD { background : red }

in my style sheet, and <TD BGCOLOR="blue"> in my table, which color
should this table cell get?

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.