Re: Background Soundtracks

In message <lAKHy4uYOZyb089yn@stack.urc.tue.nl>, Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet w
rites:
>In article <321C68D9@smtpgate.ftt.com>,
>"Jason O'Brien" <jaobrien@fttnet.com> wrote:
>> I just wanted to post this in the hopes that Netscape will soon accept
>> the BGSOUND tag and future HTML designs will incorporate this or
>> something similar -- I am designing more and more web pages with
>
>BGSOUND as a *tag* is a very bad idea. It is a property of the
>body, so it should be an attribute of <BODY>.

I disagree. If I wanted to express "play sound X while this
document is displayed," I'd just write:

	<link rel=present href="foo.au">

We're talking web architecture 101 here. Specified in 1991, but dating
back before HTML existed, to TimBL's Enquire system (and lots of
hypertext systems before that).

=========
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Relationships

Link Relationship values

illustrate the use of link relationships and to provide a framework
for further development.

[...]

Present

Whenever A is presented, B must also be presented. This implies that
whenever A is retrieved, B must also be retrieved.

Dan