Re: Background Soundtracks

Jason O'Brien wrote:
> I just wanted to post this in the hopes that Netscape will soon
accept
> the BGSOUND tag and future HTML designs will incorporate this or
> something similar

You're looking to get flamed, right? Well, not by me. I agree with
you. Like BLINK, this is one of those tags that are rarely needed but
when they are they are REALLY needed.

For example, I'd like to do a page that simulates an elevator falling
from the top of an infinitely tall building, but it just won't be at
all effective if I can't have "Shepherd Moons" playing at 10x in the
background.

I thought the OBJECT tag was supposed to take care of things like
this. What happened to it?

David Perrell