Re: What about  ?

At 8:33p +0200 08/01/96, Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet wrote:

>Eh? I thought it was defined as "connects two non-whitespace sequences
>in such a way the line will not be broken between the two."

And this behavior just happens to be fulfilled by simply treating the
nonbreaking-space as non-whitespace. And since non-whitespace does not
collapse,   is "protected" from collapsing. No special treatment
was necessary, no special treatment was specified, and so no special
treatment was ever applied to  . Why start now?

>This doesn't
>say anything about collapsing in either way, but as it's a _space_
>it should be collapsed, IMO.

No, it only *looks* like a space. (Why does this remind me of Dan Rather?;)

-Walter