Preprocessing in HTML

From: Ibrahim Mustafa <mustafa@seeaxp.tay.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:22:27 -0400
To: www-html@www10.w3.org

 There is no conditioning in the html language is there ???

 We wrote the online help system for two products in html.
 95% of the code is the same for both products. The only
 difference is in mentioning the product name ....

 I am thinking of using "CPP" or "m4" macros to distinguish
 betwen the products. So when compiling the code against one
 product, the help will appear to be for that product only.

 Is that a sound approach ?? Any plans for HTML to do so ??

 ex:

#ifdef PRODUCT1
#include "file1.html"
#else