Re: counters

From: Jon Wallis <jw@scitsc.wlv.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 07:39:40 +0100
To: WLemke8503@aol.com
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org
>I would like to set up a counter to keep track of how many people have
>visited my home page.  I have seen others use this, and am wondering how it
>is done.  Can
>you please let me know how to do this, or tell me where I can find this
>information?

Please take a look at:

        http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/test.html

It includes a demo counter (and also inclusion of date and time)
and has a link to the original site for the counter code.

It uses "server-side includes", but if you don't know what these are te
source site has pointers to all the info you need to get the
counter working.

regards,

--
Jon Wallis         Senior Lecturer in Information Systems Engineering
School of Computing & I.T., University of Wolverhampton, UK - WV1 1SB