Re: Styling embedding attributes (PR#7655)

Jim Ley wrote:

>I note this is just a send of the information in the note, could you
>please provide me with information as to when you first sent me this
>so I can find out why I had not recieved, and where it was archived (a
>link to a member only list will be fine, the pointer will allow me
>reference it at a later date.)
>
>If this is in fact not a resend but the first, then please explain why
>the WG failed to formally address the issue without being prompted.
>Will I need to prompt the you about other issues I have currently
>outstanding with the HTML WG?

I am working through all of the issues that have not had the reply
button pressed, and pressing it.  This is likely the first time you got
a "reply" on this issue.  I am going alphabetically by section, but
jumped ahead and checked based upon your query.  You need to give me a
little time.  There are hundreds of issues in the database, and it takes
a lot of time to research each one. As you can imagine, I have a day
job, so this may take a little while.  Although typically issues are
minor editorial changes that are agreed to and implemented - in those
cases not much research is involved ;-)

>On 5/27/05, Shane McCarron <xhtml2-issues@mn.aptest.com> wrote:
>

>>Thanks for your comment.  While we value your input, at this time we are not
>>able to agree with your request.
>>We understand that fallbacks might have different sizes. This is really an
>>issue for the author.
>>

>As I have explained, there is no mechanism for the author to control
>the rendering in CSS environments, that is compatible with the two
>views.  I reject the issue as there is no technical way an author can
>achieve the required sizing if they do have different sizes.

I understand that you disagree with this decision, and have noted it in
the database.