Re: Styling embedding attributes (PR#7655)

I note this is just a send of the information in the note, could you
please provide me with information as to when you first sent me this
so I can find out why I had not recieved, and where it was archived (a
link to a member only list will be fine, the pointer will allow me
reference it at a later date.)

If this is in fact not a resend but the first, then please explain why
the WG failed to formally address the issue without being prompted.
Will I need to prompt the you about other issues I have currently
outstanding with the HTML WG?

On 5/27/05, Shane McCarron <xhtml2-issues@mn.aptest.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your comment.  While we value your input, at this time we are not
> able to agree with your request.
> We understand that fallbacks might have different sizes. This is really an
> issue for the author.

As I have explained, there is no mechanism for the author to control
the rendering in CSS environments, that is compatible with the two
views.  I reject the issue as there is no technical way an author can
achieve the required sizing if they do have different sizes.

If I have missed something and there are appropriate mechanisms in
place in XHTML 2.0, please make these more explicit in the
specification, and please point me to the link.

Regards,

Jim Ley.