Re: HTML 4.0 (change log)

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Shane P. McCarron wrote:
> >
> > COuld you make them availablt to me?
>
> OK.. hmm... seems we're missing a piece.
>
> I've attached change logs:
>
> from 7Nov to 21Nov
>
> from 21Nov to 5Dec
>
> but there is no change log from 5Dec to 18Dec. Sorry.
>
> Ian? Dave? Arnaud? You guys don't have one, do you?
>
> I could give you CVS diffs... hmm... I fidgeted with
> it for a few minutes and discovered it would take
> a bit of fidgeting to do that. Let me know if you
> really want those.

I don't have an "official" changes log (that uses
the format of the other two). However, looking
at the CVS log, I would summarize the non-editorial changes
between December 5 and Dember 16 as follows:

----------------------------------
intro/sgmltut.html: - added link to w3.org for DOCTYPE.

conform.html:       - moved section on error handling to
                      appendix/notes.html
types.html:         - changed GOLD90 reference to ISO8879
                    - added URI reference.
struct/global.html  - changed GOLD90 reference to ISO8879
                    - clarified intro text about DOCTYPE
                    - added statement that strict
                      DTD contains neither deprecated nor
                      frame elements.
                    - removed illegal example.
struct/text.html    - made changes to white space specification
                      (based on comments from John Burger).
                    - Added section to distinguish input white
                      space from rendered white space.
struct/tables.html  - added "summary" attribute to some examples.
struct/links.html   - added http part to DOCTYPE in examples, changed
text in a link to                        notes.src
struct/objects.html - Edited text on embedded documents to not prohibit
the reuse of                           style information for embedded
HTML documents. The text is more                          coherent as it
does not refer specifically to including
HTML                             documents
style/frames.html   - Removed example showing use of NOFRAMES in
non-frameset document,                        other clarifying edits,
added NOFRAMES to first example, added
http://w3.org part to DOCTYPE

interact/forms.html - MAJOR EDITS
                    - fixes based on comments from David Abrahamson.
                    - fixed section on url encoding
sgml/dtd.html       - fixed bug in intro prose comment.
                    - updated for Recommendation.
                    - changed uriencoded back to urlencoded,
                      took target attribute, %FrameTarget, and
%HTML.version out of the
                      strict.dtd
appendix/changes.html - updated.
appendix/notes.html -  Added statement (from global.src) about not
extending HTML DTDs,
                       edited section on non-ASCII chars in %URI; values
                    - Minor fix in robots section (from Gerald comment).
                    - Added section on notes on invalid docs (with info
from                                   conform.src), other minor edits
references.html     - Added URI reference, made rfc1630 informative,
changed WAIGUIDE                          info.

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org