Re: "Deprecated elements"

Patrick Wu wrote:

> One of your listed "Deprecated elements" is CENTER, which does not appear on the listed elements in the "Table of Contents." See page 3-12.
>
> I suppose the elements listed in the Table of Contents are supposed to be exhaustive, are they not? If they are not, what am I missing? If they are, is CENTER intentionally left out?

We left out CENTER intentionally since it is deprecated. However, I
notice
that DIR and MENU are in the TOC and they are deprecated as well...

Anyway, the idea was to "hide" the deprecated elements from the reader
as much as possible at the beginning of the document, but make them
available
from the indexes.

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org