RE: XForms Editor Review

Hi,

Like I said, I'm not affiliated with OO in any way, so I don't know the
persons. They seem to have some mechanism for accepting code
submissions, http://contributing.openoffice.org/programming.html#jca.
Your best bet is probably to post the question to dev@openoffice.org.

Currently OO supports only forms created by itself (and those forms only
work in OO), since it does not support XHTML+XForms, it supports
OpenDocument+XForms. If you know XSLT, you might look into making a
style sheet for XHTML export.

I'm not saying the OO implementation is particularly good at this point.
But they do have something already in place, so you don't have to start
from scratch. Of course, same logic applies to other open source
implementations, but I didn't see any mention that OnForm xPress would
be open source? Are we talking about the same application?

Also, the installed base of OO is in all likelihood going to be much
bigger than any editor you could write. So for the purpose of gaining as
wide an audience as possible, OO has its benefits. On the other hand, if
you have domain-specific needs for the form editor, then OO might not be
the right way to go - or you would need to have some sort of plugin
interface for the domain-specific parts.

BR,
     --Oskari