Re: Stylesheet for Transforming HTML forms to XForms

Hi Roman,

Really excellent and exciting work!

I have some suggestions:
1) the xhtml:form is kept in the resulting document after the
transformation. It would be great to remove the element and replace it
with a group. The group could have ref="/instance" to remove the
requirement for the child controls to have that part in they refs.
2) It would really be cool to create a model or instance for each form
in the document. That would require proper model namespacing. Because
xhtml forms always are separated by its parent form element, that can
simply be done using a model/ref with instance('')  on the transforming
of  the xhtml:form element like xforms:group ref="instance('ins1')"
model="model1".
3) A nice feature would be to transform a xhtml:label like:
<xhtml:label for="ctrl1">Label</xhtml:label><xhtml:input type="input"
name="some" value="bb" id="ctrl1"/>
<xforms:input ref="/instance/some">
  <xforms:label>Label</xforms:label>
</xforms:input>

4) For input/@type="file" it does not generate a instance element to
hold the value. It would be great if it did that and additional
specified the type to be e.g. a base 64 encoding using
xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary".

If you shared the html files you use to test with it would be much
easier to provide you with feedback.

Again really great work!

Best regards,
David

Huditsch, Roman (LNG-VIE) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to write an XSLT stylesheet for transforming simple HTML
> forms to their XForms equivalents. I hope that I have considered all
> controls mentioned by selfhtml and the "XForms for HTML Authors"
> document.
> I would be glad to get any input on it :)
>
> wbr,
> Roman
>
> _______________________________________
>
> Roman Huditsch