Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

Vincent Berger wrote:

> People are not so stupid. They know how to install plugins.

Some do. Many don't. Few if any know how to do it right. My wife has two
masters degrees and she can't install a plugin. My father's a lawyer and
he can't. My two brothers probably can, but I wouldn't swear to it. My
mother probably could but she's a math professor. I could if I really
wanted to, but for whatever reason I still can't seem to keep them
installed. Every once in a while I do get around to installing Flash or
the PDF plugin, but a few months later it's gone again. Why? Frankly I
can't be bothered to find out.

The world is not composed exclusively of programmers (Thank God!). Too
may programmers have social skills too limited to enable them to see how
the rest of the world thinks. What's obvious to them, ranges from
difficult to impossible for most normal people. AJAX works because it's
accessible to normal people. Anything that depends on a plugin isn't.